Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Change it up

I've been investing more time and energy into the concept of changeable jewelry, sketching, working with paper models, thinking through the engineering.

I returned to my Translate Earrings which I decided need some alternate back pieces.  Whats the good of changeable earrings if you can't really change them?

So I made a two sided back piece thats pale blue on one side and dark blue on the other and a pale pink/burgandy set. What other colors choices do you think people might like to see? I'm thinking maybe green too.



Each piece has only had a preliminary sanding - they'll some more sort of finish. Maybe some highlighting of the scratched surface. And I'll probably add some minimal carved texture to each - maybe just one of those single dots placed asymmetrically, like on the grey ones. ( The front "bell" shape can be worn alone or with one of the colored shapes which slide easily onto the back.) 





4 comments:

  1. The colour of the pair in the final photo looks so magical with her gorgeous hair! Guessing it ain't from a bottle!! Lucky girl. And the earrings to boot. Hugs from the madhouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is Ema's natural hair. Its get lots of nice blonde/red highlights in the summer.

      Thinking about you as you prep for travel!

      Delete
  2. Lovely look from all the colours. I like the whole idea of changeable jewellery. If you use the light grey colour as the main one, almost any colour would work. I like a mustard colour at the moment or tangerine. The scratched finish is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mustard and tangerine - hadn't thought of either of those. They do both really look great with grey though, don't they. Thank you Gill!

      Delete